Jenny Case is a multi-instrumentalist, music director, teacher and composer who has performed in and recorded with a wide variety of bands and productions over the years. She currently plays with the Flamin’ Oh’s, teaches private music lessons out of her home studio in St Louis Park, MN and Lake Harriet House of Music in Minneapolis, and is a staff songwriter for the Songs of Love Foundation. Jenny is the Co-Founder and Co-Executive director of She Rock She Rock, a Minnesota-based nonprofit dedicated to empowering girls, women, gender non-binary and trans folks through the art of music and is the recipient of Century College’s 10th annual Women of Distinction award.
* I'm a professional music teacher and teach guitar, bass, ukulele, drums, mandolin, keyboard, music theory, songwriting and recording (Pro Tools, Garageband, Logic) lessons at my St Louis Park, MN home studio, specializing in GIRLS ROCK! lessons. Please contact me through this website for more information! Additionally, I teach one day/week at Lake Harriet House of Music in S. Mpls.
* I'm one of the organizers for MN's first Girls Rock Camp: Girl's Rock N Roll Retreat (GRRR), and we're preparing for our thirteenth year of camps in 2019! Check out our facebook and youtube pages!
* I'm the Co-Founder/Co-Executive Director of a nonprofit organization called She Rock She Rock. Our mission is to empower girls, women, nonbinary and trans folks through the art of music. This fall, we'll start be holding several fundraisers, and beginning to prepare for our ninth Ladies Rock Camp, a three day experience for women 19+ who want to learn or improve their skills on their instruments, learn songwriting and play in a band that will take place in the Spring of 2019. In addition, we host bi-monthly jams at Mortimers in Mpls, and 21+ adult jams at various venues around the Twin Cities. Go to the She Rock She Rock website for more details!
* I'm a staff songwriter for an awesome non-profit organization called Songs of Love. We write and record personalized songs for children and teens currently facing tough medical, physical or emotional challenges, free of charge. I've been doing this for the past 13 years and have written/recorded over 250 songs for them, and I'm still crankin' em out every spare second I have! Songs of Love is facing tough economic times these days, and have had to cut down on the number of children they can help, so any donations would be greatly appreciated. If you're interested, you can help Songs of Love with a donation of cash or by donating your used car.
* Some friends and I have been making a comedy podcast called Of Or Pertaining To! We play a game of Fictionary (similar to Balderdash) and record all the wonderful happenings! You can find it on iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts. We record it at my studio and I co-wrote and recorded a good amount of the music for it. It's kinda R-rated due to language and some subject matter, so definitely NSFW or to listen to around the kids!
* I volunteer for a great, Minneapolis-based dog rescue called Shih Tzu Rescue of MN. I always have a shih tzu or two in my home studio with me while I'm teaching lessons, and fun fact: one of them was even adopted by a student!!!
* Bands/artists/shows I've been playing with lately:
Lizz Winstead's Vagical Mystery Tour